One of our newest listings: a Shepherd Utility, 22 ft, 1953
August 4, 2016 in Uncategorized
Notes from the owner
This beautiful 1953 Shepherd 22’ utility runabout African mahogany boat has won many boat show awards. She is powered with original 150 HP Gray Marine engine, Paragon hydrostatic transmission, and new 12 volt Dura test 84 mo. 1000 CCA battery. Boat was restored by Woodwind Yachts, Nestleton, Ontario, Canada, making this Shepherd a special eye-catcher in any boating event. Attention during restoration was made to original details including:
– Third owner since new with documents available.
– Re-chromed with lots of bright chrome.
– Original bow light with integral circulating air vent.
– Deck mounted chrome siren.
– Dual chrome spot lights mounted on each side of the windshield.
– A rear view chrome mirror in center of windshield.
– Seats are upholstered in quality marine grade green naugahyde with white piping.
– Floor has “special” Waterhog carpet rope design adding to the quality ride and nautical appearance.
– The galvanized fuel tank has been replaced with a new custom fabricated 20 gal. baffled stainless steel tank for longevity.
– Bilge pumps installed fore and aft.
– Original hour meter with less than 600 hours.
The 12 coat marine varnish finish topside and the bottom, recently refinished using Interlux bottom enamel, complete the name of the boat: “Beaut Too”, the pride of the show.
In addition, the boat comes with a custom made fitted slotted mooring cover with ½” braided docking lines and three canvas
covered docking custom fenders to help protect the boat when tied up at a dock. The boat comes complete with custom mahogany
boarding ladder and matching gaff with 6’ handle and chrome hook along with a Shepherd paddle, bow flag and ensign.
Finally, the boat rides on a special 30’ heavy duty American 5 Star tandem axle trailer with five 8 ply 14” Michelin tires mounted on anti-rust wheels, hydraulic surge brakes for controlled braking and torsion suspension stabilizer. All these provide a safer, smoother and more comfortable ride when towing.
This well-maintained boat has always been run in fresh water and has been garaged in a controlled warehouse when not in the water. Boat located in Marietta, Georgia, USA. Asking $125,000 U. S.
This boat is ready for fun and show, a real rare find. Owner says NO but wife says MUST GO.
Price: $125,000 For additional details, photos and contact information, please click on the link. Ad number pb708