Wednesday April 16, 2013
April 16, 2014 in Uncategorized
IT’S COMING! IT’S COMING!
Now is the time to register your boat for ACBS Toronto chapter Gravenhurst Boat Show, the weekend of July 5th, 2014. (see the information below).
34th Annual Vintage Boat Show – Saturday, July 5, 2014 – Muskoka Wharf, Gravenhurst, Ontario
Is your boat registered yet? Take a look at some of the boats that are coming – along with a preview of their stories:
• Sweet Caroline, a 28’, 1954 enclosed Chris Craft cruiser completely restored by Victoria Bauer and relocated from North Carolina to Ontario
• Ollag, a 26’, 1923 Matheson long-deck launch returned from Lake Tahoe to its home on Lake Muskoka. Reverse the name and figure out a famous California winery connection!
• Herrs, a 22’, 1949 Chris Craft Sportsman – named ‘Best in Show’ in Wine Country ACBS Boat Show.
• Sea-J, an 18’, 1972 Greavette Sunflash IV recently restored by Sean Conroy. Engine trouble kept her from completing the Big Cruise for a Big Cause in 2012, but she’s ready for action now.
• Neriva, a 22’, 1922 McNeil Norris returned to the Callaghan family after a 50+ year absence.
• Canadian Club, a 24’, 1961 Shepherd purchased at the Sunnyland Boat Show in Tavares and towed home.
• And, of course, our poster boat Wa Chee We, a 35’ 1923 Ditchburn recovered by John Unsworth from 100’ below the surface of Lake Muskoka and restored by Gary Clark.
More boats are registering daily – don’t miss your chance to showcase your boat and share your story!
Vintage boats are the focus, but you don’t have to own one to enjoy the show! What else will you find at this year’s boat show? How about:
• Live boat auction by Antique Boat America
• Paddle to Power – a special display of boats and motors built in the Peterborough area
• Children’s entertainment
• Children and Youth Activities including cardboard boat building/parade and sea flea building
• Field of Dreams, Flea Market, Boats in Motion, Sea Flea Demonstration Course, Vendors – the list goes on!
The fun begins on Friday, July 4 with a Poker Run on Lake Muskoka and a return to the Muskoka Boat and Heritage Centre for BBQ lunch. Friday evening, enjoy cocktails, hors d’ouevres, a three-course dinner, and dancing at the Muskoka Bay Club. Gather for lunch in the VIP area on Saturday, and join us for Sunday brunch at the Bent Rudder at Duke’s in Port Carling.
To register your boat and purchase event tickets, please visit the ACBS Toronto website, www.acbs.ca, and click on the “Events” page.
Do you have a product or service you’d like to display in Vendors’ Alley? If so, visit the ACBS website.